From: Bill Watson [mailto:bill magicdigits com]
Sent: 12 December 2007 15:19
To: 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list'
Subject: [rhelv5-list] sendmail.cf from AS4.0 to EL5.1

I have had an entertaining time trying to get sendmail running on el5. I
have unearthed a line in sendmail.cf that seems to be helpful when changed.
My question is can I have more than one of these lines in sendmail.cf ?

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=63.138.47.3, Name=MTA

It used to have 127.0.0.1 as the IP, but this didn't seem to open port 25 on
my networks.

I am considering:
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=63.138.47.3, Name=MTA
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.50.50, Name=MTA

But I need to know if there is a better/approved/non-hacked way to cause
this same effect of allowing SMTP on each of my networks on my el5 server.
This stuff does not exist to mimic on my AS4.0 server.

The system config is basically a stock install from DVD onto a system with
eth0 and eth1.

Thanks!
Bill Watson
bill magicdigits com