Re: [rhelv5-list] membership in NIS 10(wheel) group doesn't allow "su -" if pam_wheel.so is enabled in /etc/pam.d/su

> NIS:
> foo:x:111:user1,user2,user3
>
> file:
> foo:x:111:user2,user3,user4
>
> If you have "group files nis" then user{1,2,3} are members, but user4 is
> not. If you have "group nis files" then user{2,3,4} is a member, but
> user1 is not.
>
> I've run into this problem when groups in LDAP accidentally duplicate
> the standard ones in /etc/group

Actually "group nis files" did work after I restarted nscd and logged
off and logged back in. We're trying to have local admins and global
admins. The global admins will be defined in NIS (or LDAP after we
migrate) and the local admins in /etc/group. The alternative would be
to put both local and global admins in /etc/group if we can't avoid
it.