Re: [rhelv5-list] membership in NIS 10(wheel) group doesn't allow "su -" if pam_wheel.so is enabled in /etc/pam.d/su

t35t0r wrote:

Actually "group nis files" did work after I restarted nscd and logged
off and logged back in. We're trying to have local admins and global
admins. The global admins will be defined in NIS (or LDAP after we
migrate) and the local admins in /etc/group. The alternative would be
to put both local and global admins in /etc/group if we can't avoid
it.

Create "localadmins" in /etc/group
Authorise localadmins in /etc/sudoers the same way you authorise wheel.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait