Re: [rhelv5-list] membership in NIS 10(wheel) group doesn't allow "su -" if pam_wheel.so is enabled in /etc/pam.d/su

t35t0r wrote:
Create "localadmins" in /etc/group
Authorise localadmins in /etc/sudoers the same way you authorise wheel.

We thought about that but if the user password is compromised then
they have root.

If the user's password is compromised, you know who leaked. You have to fix one user's password and don't need to tell everyone else about the new keys to the kingdom.

I don't like su, I think ubuntu has it right.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait