-----Original Message-----
From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Grant Waters
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 12:45 AM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: RE: [rhelv5-list] Re: Registering virtual servers with RHN?

If you are using RHEL 5.0 there is a bug with rhn_reg which wrongly
states
that there are no more entitlelements, because it sees the Dom-0
entitlement and doesn't appreciate that you are adding a virtual guest
under the same licence.  This bug is fixed (apparently) in 5.1
A workaround I found was to use rhnreg_ks instead as follows:

rhnreg_ks --profilename "<myguest>" --username "<myid>" --email
"<myemail>"
--password "<mypass>" --subscription "<mysubscriptionnumber>"

The end result is that you should be able to register 4 guests per RHEL
licence, and unlimited guests per RHEL Advanced Platform licence.

This does work when you get it right!

I also found you have to make sure you have Virtualisation Platform
ticked
in "Add-on Entitlements" under "Edit System Settings" for your Dom-0

Please note that in order to re-register a Domain-0 - all guests must
have
their profiles deleted first on RHN, otherwise the Domain-0 will not be
allowed to register as the guest will then count as a used entitlement.
It
seems that the guests lose their virtualisation entitlement once the
profile for the corresponding Domain-0 has been deleted.

Please also note that the bug above does not happen with RHEL 4.5
guests.

HTH

Regards,
GXW  :o)

delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC
any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement
purpose.