[rhelv5-list] A way to 'yum' in the kernel source

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile and install mpt-status and its friends to monitor a RAID subsystem on a Sun x4600 M2. I've already done this successfully with RHEL4 on some x4200 M2 servers which are using basically the same RAID stuff.

To get mpt-status working you need to compile it against the kernel source, so therefore that needs to be installed. Under RHEL4 this was easy enough to do in a scriptable manner:

up2date --get-source kernel
rpm -Uvh /var/spool/up2date/kernel-*.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/
rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 kernel-2.6.spec
cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9
mv linux-2.6.9 /usr/src/
cd /usr/src
ln -s ./linux-2.6.9 linux

Can anyone please tell me what the neatest, most hands-off way of getting and installing the kernel source is please under RHEL5?

I've tried doing

1) yum install kernel-source
	No joy

2) yum install yum-utils ; yumdownloader --source kernel
	Also no joy

Neither worked.  Suggestions appreciated!

Thank you,

Ben
        Life Is Short.          It's All Good.