Re: [rhelv5-list] A way to 'yum' in the kernel source

Ben wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Ian_G_Wilson Dell com wrote:

yum install kernel-devel

You'll note that this does not install the kernel _source_. Which is what I need. The kernel-devel stuff and the kernel-headers aren't enough. As far as I'm aware anyway. Installing kernel-devel does not

It _is_ supposed to be enough for building kernel modules.

give you /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec for example.

Why do you need that?

I have built other kernel modules, madwifi for example, but I don't recall needing the kernel spec file.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait