Re: [rhelv5-list] A way to 'yum' in the kernel source

Ben wrote:
mpt-status apparently currently needs the kernel source:

http://www.drugphish.ch/~ratz/mpt-status/ReleaseNotes

As I'm not terribly au fait with building stuff I'm assuming it needs the source of the lsi/mpt/fusion drivers to compile...

Indeed it does.

I had a quick look and 1.2.0 builds fine on el2 and el3, on el4+ it's not possible to build it without jumping through hoops to get at the kernel source. The el3.i386 binary seems to work fine on el4.x86_64 though so perhaps that is a solution for you.

-tgc