RE: [rhelv5-list] automount issues in EL5

2.6.18-53.1.4 cleared up my problems or so it seems so far.

-----Original Message-----
From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Kelsoe, Randy
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:47 PM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: RE: [rhelv5-list] automount issues in EL5

> From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:rhelv5-list-
> bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Deke Clinger
>
> These symptoms are identical to RH Bugzilla 371341. This is fixed in
> a kernel errata to RHEL 5.1. I'm sure this will be included in 5.2
> (all such are).
>
> -Deke

I am still seeing the problem with the latest kernel. I am using NIS and
a Netapp, so it sounds like NIS may be an issue here.

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Roger Leonard wrote:
>
> > I have upgraded several of my Dell servers to EL5 from 3 and 4 and
> am
> > noticing that on the EL5 machines the automounts fail the first time
> > with "so such file or directory"  but then they will mount.  This is
> the
> > only change I made to the servers and the network is rock solid GigE
> > a Netapp with only one switch hop and no routing.  These servers and
> > netapp are on a stable sun-based NIS environment and I do not see
> any
> > other indications of network issues.  I have the latest updates a/o
> > week or so ago.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening
> now?
> >

> > thanks

______
This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying,
forwarding
or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the
addressee is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.
This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]