RE: [rhelv5-list] automount issues in EL5

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 11:47 -0600, Kelsoe, Randy wrote:

> > From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:rhelv5-list-
> > bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Deke Clinger
> >
> > These symptoms are identical to RH Bugzilla 371341. This is fixed in
> > a kernel errata to RHEL 5.1. I'm sure this will be included in 5.2
> > (all such are).
> >
> > -Deke
>
> I am still seeing the problem with the latest kernel. I am using NIS and
> a Netapp, so it sounds like NIS may be an issue here.

Come on guys.
Anyone can ask, "how long is a piece of string".

If you have the kernel update then what you're seeing is probably a
completely different problem. In which case we need, at least, a debug
log, examples of you're maps and probably a restatement of what you're
seeing. Also, output from "uname -a" (half joking), and "rpm -q autofs".

And maybe even a bug logged?