[rhelv5-list] samba file locking on RH5.1

I've trying to replace a RH4.x samba server with one running on RH5.1. They have the same smb.conf

rpm -q samba give me this on the two boxes:

samba-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.4
samba-3.0.25b-1.el5_1.4

So it appears that they are running the same version. On the RH5.1 box, I can create a file but then I can't save any changes to it. The error message from Notepad is "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file"

If I set "strict locking = no" on the RH5.1 box, I can write files again. Before making that change, testparm -v indicated that both machines had "strict locking = Auto"

What changed that the same smb.conf doesn't work anymore (esp. since the samba version appears to be the same)?

Hugh
--
System Administrator
DIVMS Computer Support Group