[rhelv5-list] Regular Expressions on RHEL 5

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Ian Lists wrote:

I have a strange situation where a script that works on RHEL 4 and Fedora 8 doesn't work with RHEL5.  The piece of the script that is failing is very simple, it's just a wget with grep.

wget -N --no-check-certificate https://myserver.net/file.txt 2>&1 >/dev/null | egrep -q '[Nn]ot\ [retrieving|Found]' && exit

not sure if it is in play in your example, but I found taht between 4 and 5, lftp started to add a stray '^M' in the output to some of its commands -- running the pipe through a '| tr -d '\r' ' made things happy again.

-- Russ Herrold