-----Original Message-----
From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Ian Lists
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:11 PM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: Re: [rhelv5-list] Regular Expressions on RHEL 5

I know it doesn't look right but it works.

My concern is not what it looks like, but whether you know what it does. It might work as you want with wget, but that won't always be the case.

----- "John Summerfield" <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:
Ian Lists wrote:
It's just a script to download email address to populate my relay
recipient map for postfix.  It's not pretty and I'm definitely not a
shell scripter but it seems to work.
Since you now have it working, it seems I was chasing a red herring,
but I'd still like you to answer the question, "What do you think the redirection does?"

#!/bin/bash
#-----------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Script for download and updating Relay Recipients...

# Working directory
WDIR=/etc/postfix
# URL of file to be downloaded
URL=https://myservername/mail/
# Filename of file to be worked with
FNAME=relay_recipients
WGETOPTS=" -N --no-check-certificate"
set -o errexit

cd $WDIR
wget $WGETOPTS ${URL}/${FNAME} 2>&1 >/dev/null | egrep -q '[Nn]ot
(retrieving|Found)' && exit
but what do you think this does  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

postmap $FNAME
logger -p mail.info -t UPDATED.POSTFIX Relay Recipients Map
exit 0

Ian

--

Cheers