Re: [rhelv5-list] symlinks in /dev, device-mapper and udev

Shane Williams schrieb:
> I'm hoping to maintain the /dev/home_volume, /dev/mail_volume,
> etc. naming scheme because that's what currently exists on the RHEL 3,
> and all our docs refer to them that way.

not exactly the same but:
iirc under fc3+ you could copy the vmware-modules to
/etc/udev/devices/*  because they were lost while reboot.
i do not know if this works but you could try to create your symlinks
in  /etc/udev/devices/*

---- fc3 releae notes ----
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en

After vmware-config.pl is run and the VMware modules are loaded, the
following command creates the /sys/class/* nodes needed for udev:
    cp -rp /dev/vm* /etc/udev/devices/

----/----

--
shrek-m