Re: [rhelv5-list] missing automount entries under rhel5.1 with updates

Some further experimental results on this problem. Rolling a RHEL 5.1
host back to kernel version 2.6.18-8.el5 (from RHEL5 GA) appears to do
nothing to resolve these problems: restart and reload behave as
described below for RHEL 5.1.

Rolling back the autofs userspace to autofs-5.0.1-0.rc2.42 (also from
RHEL5 GA) seems to fix the reload behavior: running 'service autofs
reload' with debug logging on gets 'Reloading maps' in the terminal
and nothing in the syslog. Restarting autofs still misbehaves as
described below. Rolling back autofs and kernel to RHEL5 GA has the
same result (reload works, restart doesn't).

I hope this is helpful.

-Deke