Re: [rhelv5-list] How to keep current release level.

thats too bad because i'll bet the customers will want to update to 5.1.  I don't know that 5.1 has anything different, its usually just security fixes and updates, not 100% sure though.
I think I remember a setting for that somewhere, maybe on the RHN or in yum where it had a distinction not to upgrade, only update.

hope it helps anyways..

On Dec 30, 2007 8:52 PM, Camron W. Fox <cwfox us fujitsu com> wrote:
solarflow99 wrote:
> I don't see why 5.1 can't just be used.  Is there really enough
> difference that you know of thats stopping you?

       It's a question of support. FSC does not support 5.1 (yet), even though
the hardware actually comes from Fujitsu-Siemens, who *does* support it.
FSC has told me in no uncertain terms that I will be SOL if something
breaks or I need support for anything and the box is running 5.1.

Best Regards,
Camron

Camron W. Fox
Hilo Office