Re: [rhelv5-list] How to keep current release level.

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 02:04:46PM -0700, Edward F. Brown wrote:

> I'd ask for clarification or escalation on this.  This is just an
> unconscionable and untenable position for any hardware manufacturer to
> take, and could just be the poorly informed opinion of some lower-level
> support tech.  [...]

Companies like EMC do exactly the same.  And I'm sure its their official
policy.  As far as kernel driver compatibility is concerned, I can imagine
some delay, but it seems that those companues don't really try to support
new releases/updates within a reasonable timeframe.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos xos nl>