[rhelv5-list] IBM x305 and grub error 28

I'm sending this as a fyi, so next time someone runs across this
error, at least something will show up in google. :)

Installing RHEL5 on an IBM x305 resulted in a grub error 28 on first
reboot, something like:

GNU GRUB  version 0.97  (0K lower / 3072K upper memory)

[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported.  For the first word, TAB
 lists possible command completions.  Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
 completions of a device/filename. ]

grub>

Typing anything into the grub field either showed garbage or nothing
at all, and pressing enter resulted in:

Error 28: Selected item cannot fit into memory

The only way to fix this for me was to upgrade to the latest flash
BIOS update from IBM, which can be found by googling "ibm x305 bios
update".  You will need a floppy.

After the update things work smoothly.
Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,