Re: [rhelv5-list] Missing stuff in /usr/X11R6/

David Miller wrote:
I have installed every available package from the red hat network hoping to get all the old stuff put into /usr/X11R6/. We have some old software that relies on old libraries like libXt.a, libdps.so, etc. These live under /usr/X11R6/lib in RHEL4 but seem to be missing in action in RHEL5. Am I just out of luck?

An easier way to have checked this rather than installing every possible rpm on your system:

on the rhel4 box:

#rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.a

then see if the package exists in rhel5 and check the release notes of rhel5 for package deprication status.

Jay