[rhelv5-list] (no subject)

From: "=?iso-8859-1?q?G=F6ran_Uddeborg?=" <uddeborg carmen se>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:59:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [rhelv5-list] Re: Server No Longer A Superset of Desktop?

Chris St. Pierre writes:
> But there's a helluva difference between having support on your
> server (with the exception of OpenOffice.org) and having no support at
> all on your server.

It is.  But every package I have to maintain manually for all servers
causes additional work that adds up.  It is not "just" OpenOffice.org,
it's a lot of packages.  Evolution and friends, some KDE packages, and
thunderbird are a few relevant examples mentioned previously in this
thread.

> Redhat can't hope to support everything, so they
> produce a set of supported packages, and you're on your own for the
> rest.

You are changing the subject.  This thread was not about making Red
Hat to support anything they didn't support already.  It was about
including all ALREADY SUPPORTED packages in the Server set.