Re: [rhelv5-list] yum update and other problems

Hi,

there is and always have been dependencies from a child-channel back to
the base-channel. There is no alternative to that if you think about
packages e.g. requiring GLibc...

Now it indeed would be wrong for a package in the base-channel to
require something from a child channel or for packages in child-channels
to require things from other child-channels. This is because there would
be not guarantee that they are available.

In the child-channel depends on base-channel case this is not a problem
as it is guaranteed that the base-channel is available...

Regards,

Daniel