Re: [rhelv5-list] Kickstart package selection takes a Loooong time in RHEL5?!

Hugh Brown wrote:

Hugh Brown wrote:

Alasdair Gow wrote:
I found this too, didn't actually time it but seemed faster when I
turned ipv6 off, cant remember how though sorry.

I'd be interested to know how you turned off ipv6 in kickstart if you still have access to the pxe/kickstart files.

I notice the dependency resolution taking a long time, but I also have debug logging turned on. I'm still working on ironing out the kinks in our load.

Hugh

I should have googled first: noipv6 on the pxe config "append" line.

You should also add a "--noipv6" to the "network" kickstart option.

--
Chad Huneycutt (chadh cc gatech edu)     College of Computing
Research Scientist                       Georgia Institute of Technology