Re: [rhelv5-list] Re: Is there something like linuxconf or yast for RHEL around?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, John Haxby wrote:

> John Summerfield wrote:
> >
> > > Yast is also available for RHEL, from Oracle funnily enough. Here is the
> > > address to download it:
> > >
> > > http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/
> >
> > Ah, maybe Unbreakable Linux is worth a look:-)
>
> Quite apart from yast (which gives me the pip, personally speaking) and webmin
> there are other management consoles out there.  Of course, the really good
> ones aren't free, but then it's a choice between paying for a sysadmin who
> knows how all this stuff works or paying for some clever software and support.
> It depends on what you need and how much the two options cost.

What is missing to me is something more similar to smit or smitty on AIX.
A modular interface to drive scripts with a well-structured menu.

Such an Open-Source project with the right spirit will no doubt attract
lost of people to write modules and new features.

--
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --