Re: [rhelv5-list] Xen errors after installing kmod-gfs package

carlopmart wrote:
Jan Mark Holzer wrote:
carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

I have installed two para-virtualized rhel5.1 guests (with gfs and rhcs) under a rhel 5.1 host. All works fine until I have installed kmod-gfs-xen package: at this point I can't start guests. xm create returns me this error:

[root xenhost ~]# xm create /etc/xen/rhelclunode02
Using config file "/etc/xen/rhelclunode02".
Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', "elf_xen_note_check: ERROR: Not a Xen-ELF image: No ELF notes or '__xen_guest' section found.\n")

 What is the problem???
Hi,

can you provide some addtl information such as what type of guest are you using (PV or FV) also the config file(s) of the guest might be of interest and if you are storing the guest on a local
   filesystem of GFS file system (and if you are using GFS1 or GFS2) .

Another thing you can try is to use the "file" command against your guest image (likely in /var/lib/xen/images) and see if it returns information on whether it is a valid guest image .
  Thx,

   Jan

Hi Jan,

 1) I am using para-virtualized Rhel 5.1 guests
 2) I am using GFS1
 3) I have attached config file for one node
4) When I execute file command, returns me that initrd and vmlinuz are compressed images.

Thanks.

Please, any hints??