Re: [rhelv5-list] Runing rhel 5.1 with xen on laptop

carlopmart wrote:
>>> ok, then how can i resolve this problem about clock under dom0 when i am
>>> running xen enabled kernel ??? and what about performance on dom0?? why
>>> all components are so so slowly?? For exmaple if i try to edit a file
>>> using vi editor and i try to move over it, spents 2-3 seconds to move
>>> cursor ... i don't understand. Do I need to pass some param to xen
>>> enabled kernel like noacpi or noapic to revert this situation???
>>
>> Its certainly possible there's one that helps. This page could be worth
>> looking over:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems
>>
>> The section on clocksource could be particularly relevant. I'd also look
>> to see if there's a newer BIOS for your laptop available.
>
> Will you say that all problems ( network slow, console is slow, etc ..)
> are derivated from which type of clocksource that I use?? Actually, xen
> kernel uses acpi_pm clocksource. Which can be best option: jiffies or pit??

It certainly sounds like all problems could be attributed to the clock
not working correctly. I can't say for certain though, as I don't have
the same hardware, nor any other hardware that shows the same symptoms.
You can probably answer better which of the other possible options are
better than I can, since you've got the hardware. Try them both, see if
either or both give you better results.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com