Re: [rhelv5-list] smtp auth tls postfix

Sadique Puthen wrote:

If you do "openssl s_client -connect <IP of the smtp server>:465", does the output say "CN=<your hostname>"?
It doesn't let me connect to that port when I tried, however doing openssl verify server.crt brings back the following: -

server.crt: /CN=smtp.coxagri.com
error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate
[root smtp certs]#

Bryan Hepworth wrote:
Hi Everyone

I thought I'd followed this to the letter, but if anyone could give pointers I'd be grateful...

Switch sendmail to postfix
Test email processed and lands OK with default - rejink to tls
Create csr via cacert.org
Move to /etc/pki/tls/certs
Amend postfix to suit
Import cert to windows

Send email and get: -

The server you are connected to is using a certificate that couldn't be verified

The certificate CN name does not match the passed value

Do you want to continue using this server

What did I miss?

Thanks
Bryan