Re: [rhelv5-list] Migration from RHELv4 to RHEL v5

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Benjamin Watine wrote:

I've tried to make an upgrade from RHEL v4 to RHEL v5. I did this booting on install CD, and choosing upgrade instead of fresh install. All seems to be OK, but when I try a "yum upgrade", I get a lot of errors like this one :

I've never tried to upgrade a RHEL box, but if it works like Fedora,
then you shouldn't need to run 'yum upgrade' after upgrading with the
CD.  What happens when you run 'yup update'?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University