[rhelv5-list] bind packages vs. docs

Installing chrooted bind on a RHEL 5 system, and I'm wondering about what the docs are telling me vs. what I see in reality on my system. I can just copy over our current configs from our debian system, but I'd prefer to stick to doing things the way the distro I am using does things.

So, that being said, docs located here https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-bind-rndc.html say:

Note
If you have installed the bind-chroot package, the BIND service will run in the /var/named/chroot environment. All configuration files will be moved there. As such, the rndc.conf file is located in /var/named/ chroot/etc/rndc.conf. Note that since the rndc utility does not run in a chroot environment, /etc/rndc.conf is a symlink to /var/named/chroot/etc/ rndc.conf.

However, the only rndc.conf on the system is the sample in the /usr/ share/doc directory.

Since I'm relatively new to RHEL and RPM/YUM, I just want to make sure that either a) I'm not missing some other step/package that would actually place this file there
or
b) if I put my own in place it won't get whacked by some future upgrade to one of the bind packages.

Currently installed bind-related packages are:
bind-utils-9.3.3-9.0.1.el5
bind-9.3.3-9.0.1.el5
bind-chroot-9.3.3-9.0.1.el5
bind-libs-9.3.3-9.0.1.el5