[rhelv5-list] installing Red Hat EL 5 on a new Macpro

I've spent many hours trying to install Red Hat EL 5 on a new Macpro I purchased. I successfully installed Fedora 8 and am actually sending this from that system. The problem is, my primary client at this time requires Red Hat 5.

When I attempt to boot from the Red Hat 5.1 install DVD, I see the following in the logs:

ide-cd: cmd 0x28 timed out
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
lost interrupt
lost interrupt
lost interrupt
lost interrupt

I've tried the Red Hat 5.1 install cd as well as the Red Hat 4 install cd, same problem. Centos 5.1 gives the same issue.

For what it's worth, the dvd drive shows up as /dv/sr0 on Fedora 8.

I've tried creating a boot usb device, no go there either.

I tried "linux askmethod" in order to attempt a network install, and I do get the initial install menus, but any keyboard input is duplicated, thus when I get to the point of entering the IP address for the server, it's impossible: (192.10.10.10 comes out as 119922..1100..1100..1100)

Any suggestions as to how I might proceed would be appreciated.

Specs:

2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Res WS
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB