Re: [rhelv5-list] yum repository listing

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 12:03 +0100, Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am hoping there is an obvious answer but it is eluding me at
> present. How do I get a listing of which repos a system is subscribed
> too without doing yum update?
>

> There is all kinds of listings made mention off in the man page but
> none for the actual repos only the packages in them.
>

> I have a few machines registered with a satellite server and I can’t
> find any reference to the repos its is subsribed to in any of the
> config files.

The easiest way I can think of is:

[root machine ~]# yum list foobar
Setting up repositories
rhel-i386-client-suppleme 100% |=========================| 1.4 kB
00:00
rhel-i386-client-5        100% |=========================| 1.4 kB
00:00
rhel-i386-client-workstat 100% |=========================| 1.4 kB
00:00

Those are the three repos I am connected to. "yum list" lists all
packages that match the word foobar - I deliberately chose something
that would return no results, but even if it did, it wouldn't matter to
you.

You can't list the repos without actually running Yum because they are
fetched from your satellite server via a yum plugin for RHN.

--
Sam