Re: [rhelv5-list] yum repository listing

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Collins, Kevin [Beeline]
<KCollins chevron com> wrote:
> What is "repoquery"? I don't seem to have that on my systems... What
>  package is it in?

While usually a very slow command to run you can find the package a
certain file belongs to with something like

# yum provides \*/repoquery

repoquery is sort of like rpm for packages not installed on your
system but that live in repos you use. It has some non-rpm uses too
that are handy like finding out what group a package belongs to.