Re: [rhelv5-list] Xen bridging on VirtualBox bridge

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 03:11:46PM +0300, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a fresh installation. I installed VirtualBox yesterday, and
> configured a bridge named "vboxbr0" that combines vbox0 (from VirtualBox)
> and eth0 (Physical).
>
> Now my question is: I would like to run Xen as well, but I would like Xen to
> use the already existing bridge vboxbr0, and not start its own bridges, and
> also not mess with the current setup. The ideal situation, is if the Xen VMs
> can talk to the VBox VMs, and all are bridged to the physical network on
> eth0
>
> Is that too difficult :)

I usually set "(network-script /bin/true)" in xend-config.sxp and in my
xen vms I use
vif = [ 'mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:X0, bridge=br0, vifname=xenvm0_1',
        'mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:X1, bridge=br1, vifname=xenvm0_2', ]
so xen uses the preexisting bridges and doesn't play tricks with the
existing network setup.

I never used VirtualBox so the above setup might not work there.

Cheers,
Kostas Georgiou