Re: [rhelv5-list] Status of resizing/growing dm-multipath devices on the fly?

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:22:25AM +0100, Bohmer, Andre ten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several of our RedHat 5.2 servers have LUN's presented from HP-EVA 8000
> SAN's, configured with multipath. Multipath does not detect a resized LUN
> until after a reboot. I've found this thread which 'blames' the block
> layer:
>
> http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/138757-status-resizing-growing-dm-multipath-devices-fly.html
>
> Looking at the 5.3beta release nodes, I can't find any info regarding
> on-line resizing multipath devices. Am I overlooking a note or is RedHat
> scheduling this for an other release?

Hi!

I did successful online resizes using iSCSI storage:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/rhel5-online-iscsi-resize-test.txt

Both the kernel SCSI resize patch, and the dm-multipath online resize
support were both targeted for RHEL 5.3.. at least initially. I don't know
about the current status.

-- Pasi