[rhelv5-list] Re: problems to configure log centralized host with rsyslog on rhel5u2

carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

Somebody can helps me with rsyslog configuration to use it as a log centralized server?? I am trying several configs without luck, and all examples that I found are related to v3 and nothing about v2 that ships with CentOS or RHEL.

 I am trying to do something like this:

 $template DynFile,"/var/log/rsyslog/%HOSTNAME%/secure"
if $source != 'localhost' and $syslogfacility-text == 'authpriv' then -?DynFile

 But this is for version 3 ... and doesn't works ... Any help??

 And how can I rotate logs received from remote hosts??

please, any hints about this?

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com