Re: [rhelv5-list] Re: KVM guests and HBAs?

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM,  <Greg_Swift aotx uscourts gov> wrote:

> What is your thought process behind this process?  Are you wanting your
> guests to be the ones running multipath?  The only configurations I've seen

The goal is pretty simple: give FC LUNs to guests. My first thought
was treating guests as "normal" physical machines and terminating FC
connections on them, using N_Port ID Virtualization (I'm not sure if
it is supported).

> or played with had the host machine handling all the heavy lifting and just
> passing the final disks (be it multipath raw disks, or lvm, etc) to the
> guest.

This sounds like a good idea.

--
BÉRES László           RHCE, RHCX      system engineer
Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, SELinux:  http://sys-admin.hu