Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL 6 Wikipedia possible errors

Sam Sharpe wrote:
2009/12/15 John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org>:
Ben wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, MJang wrote:

Has anyone seen the current RHEL wikipedia page,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux ?
[...]
I know, I know, never trust Wikipedia...
You answer your own question. �Was there a point to your email? (-:

Ben
I would have thought it obvious that the page needs correction, and that
WikiP needs to be advised of the bogus information so they can do whatever
it is to safeguard its accuracy.

This is Wikipedia... it doesn't work like that.

As I understand it,
1 pretty much anyone can edit anything.
2 WikiP has some kind of sanctions and procedures in place to prevent bogus information from persisting.

In this case, I believe someone from RH could correct the information, perhaps providing a link to redhat.com, and that the WikiP people might take some action to prevent the bogus information from being represented.

In this case, someone with the strangely familiar name of
"Thomascameron" edited out the RHEL6 information, as can be seen on
the Talk page for that page.

He refers to this:
http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/summit/tburke_1050_rhel_roadmap.pdf

That's the first part of what I expected. I've heard, in the past, of pages' updates being held back for moderation, and that addresses the second issue.

--
Sam