Re: [rhelv5-list] maybe OT: Bind under rhel 5.x doesn't resolv domains efficiently

carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

I have a very serious problems with my two internal DNS hosts installed under rhel5.3. Some domains can't be resolved by both hosts and with anothers I get this response:

 Got SERVFAIL reply from 172.25.50.10, trying next server

If I change my resolv.conf to public DNS servers, all works ok: all domains are resolved. Somebody konws what it is worng??? Maybe a bug on bind packages??

If there are any firewalls in the way, check that they log rejected/dropped packets and check their logs.

Another of my favourite tricks is to comment bits out of the config file and see what changes.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait