Re: [rhelv5-list] resizing LVM

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, solarflow99 wrote:

with the root partition?  surely you have to bring the system down, unless
you are just extending it.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] <
KCollins chevron com> wrote:

 You can resize the "/" LV online:

1)  lvextend

2) resize2fs

ystem downYou should be able to resize the swap LV online with lvextend but
would have to de-activate and re-activate the swap to see the larger size,
which probably means a reboot.

But you should not need a rescue CD...

Kevin