[rhelv5-list] Re: sendmail.cf -vs- sendmail.mc

Once upon a time, Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] <KCollins chevron com> said:
> I'd be likely to generate a .cf file (from a .mc file) on RHEL5 and
> compare it to the .cf from RH7.3. You should be able to find the major
> differences handled with simple .mc file changes. The tricky part would
> be if the "rules" have been edited on the RH7.3 file.

You'd probably be better off working strictly on the RHL7.3 system,
trying to build an .mc file that will generate something close to the
hand-build .cf file (for the same version of sendmail).  Then take the
.mc file to RHEL5 and see what the generated .cf does.

Most likely, there isn't really anything that special in the .cf file.
Most people don't actually write any significant custom rules (I do, but
I still do them in the .mc file).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>