[rhelv5-list] What partition is needed to boot (iSCSI boot)

Hi,

	See this thread for reference:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.release.rhel5/5825

I have bought a QLogic QMH4062 iSCSI adapter for each of my HP BL495c blade, but now I face another problem: The only way I can configure the Qlogic HBAs involve one non-redundant link (explanation below).

What partition needs to be accessible at boot (via the Qlogic HBA) for booting?

My goal is to boot using the HBAs, then mount all the other partitions on the SAN (/home, data, /var, etc). This way, if the link between the HBAs and the SAN fails, the system remains UP.

Explanation: On the HP blade enclosure, the mezzanine card in slot 1 can only talk to interconnect 2. The mezanning card in slot 2 can only talk with interconnects 3 and 4. I only have inteconnects 1 and 2.

Thanks,

Ugo