Re: [rhelv5-list] Max ext4 Filesystem Size

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 12:08:53PM -0700, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson esri com> wrote:
> > We're going more and more Solaris+ZFS (and from that, starting to use
> > Nexenta which makes it even sipmler) for these sorts of use cases,
>
> Maybe OT:
> Have Oracle's support changes for Solaris 10 or the latest opensolaris
> delay changed any of this?  Just curious.

Not to my knowledge.  You can still buy support for OpenSolaris (in the
Nexenta case, this isn't a concern as you're dealing with Nexenta
directly), and the only difference on the Solaris 10 side is that if
you're running Solaris 10 you need to be paying for it (after 60 days
-- before you could run it unsupported forever).

Will Oracle raise prices?  Perhaps... we're kind of expecting them to
anyways. :)

Ray