Re: [rhelv5-list] Xen guests: occasional issues networking between guests in single host

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:39:43PM -0500, Vanco Backup wrote:
> Hmm - well, it's networking, so I'd have to say that I'm having issues
> relating to the IP stack or driver layer.  Not really sure how much
> more detail I can offer over explaining that the VMs can't exchange
> data via the VM-VM network. IP works to the outside world, or physical
> Blade to physical Blade, but intra-blade networking seems to like to
> drop dead now and again.
>
> Nothing in the logs gives me more data to offer. Rebooting the guest
> resolves the issue, until the next occurrence......

Have you dedicated a fixed amount of memory for dom0?
Have you configured Xen credit scheduler weights so that dom0 always get enough cpu time to process disk/net IO?
Dom0 should be configured to get more cpu than the guests, if it happens to need it.

Did you try dedicating a core(s) to only dom0?

See:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

And about dedicating cores ("Can I dedicate a cpu core (or cores) only for dom0?"):
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems

-- Pasi