Re: [rhelv5-list] Max Memory

On 21 July 2010 15:25, Srija <swap_project yahoo com> wrote:
Thanks for your  reply.

Sorry for my silly question though ...

In this documentation , under  Maximum memory section. the 3rd row from the bottom,

Maximum memory in paravirtualized guest (x86_64) , for Version 3 /4 , the values are  --

but  for Version 5  value is 80GB/unlimited

What  should I consider for Version 4 ? I am asking this question as because my original question belongs to this category..

That table refers to how much memory you can give to a guest.  There aren't any virtual guests in RHEL4 so the question doesn't arise.

You're asking about  2.6.9-67.ELxenU (x86_64), an RHEL4 guest, so the maximum tested for that guest is 80GB; the maximum theoretical is unlimited.  However, that kernel is limited in what it can address.  It can certainly address the tested limit (80GB) but the closest you can get to unlimited is 1TB (and 256GB was tested).

Better?

jch