Re: [rhelv5-list] collecting process information help

-----Original Message-----
From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of R P Herrold
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:39 AM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: [rhelv5-list] collecting process information help

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Blackburn, Marvin wrote:

> Does anyone have an suggestions?

I would stat by intalling and enabling the 'sysstat' package
and looking to 'narrow down' when issues are occurring, as it
provides a 'flight recorder'.

With time information in hand, then, to the log files, and
also possibly write a process table 'snapshotter' that saves
well named snapshots of what was happening

-- Russ herrold

Russ,

I appreciate the response.  It's the process table "snapshotter" type
of thing I was looking for.  I could do some scripting, but I was hoping
there was something canned, as it would likely have more features than I
have time to write.