Re: [rhelv5-list] Migrate Host to Xen or Qemu

rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com wrote on 11/12/2010 07:43:59 AM:

> Is it possible to migrate a host machine's OS to a Xen or Qemu
> virtual host? We are using RHEL 5.5. Are there any instructions for this?

it is possible, and there are instructions... well kinda.  They didn't work
perfectly when I tried them, but they may have been updated since the
summit.  at the very least they are a good framework for the process.

http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2010/presentations/taste_of_training/Summit_2010_Xen_KVM.pdf

RH also has a v2v tool, but I believe it may primarily be made available
through the RHEV packages. Although I'd assume the source and/or source rpm
are probably available somewhere.

-greg