[rhelv5-list] Matching tape-drives with changers

Hi,

I am looking for an elegant way to match tape-drives with tape-changers in Linux. So given a number of tape-drives and changers, how can one know which tape-drives belong to which changer ?

I cannot seem to find this from lsscsi or /proc/scsi/scsi, nor can I find it from /sys/bus/scsi/. Does anyone know ?

# lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  TEAC     DV-285-W         C.2D  /dev/scd0
[2:0:0:0]    tape    HP       Ultrium 4-SCSI   U52D  /dev/st0
[2:0:1:0]    tape    HP       Ultrium 3-SCSI   Q27W  /dev/st1
[2:0:2:0]    mediumx HP       MSL G3 Series    4.90  -

If these would be on different controllers, one expects to find the tape-drive together with the changer on the same controller, but unfortunately that is not always the case in our environment.

Can one expect the tape-changer to be preceded by one or more
tape-drives ?

Thanks in advance,
--
-- dag wieers, dag wieers com, http://dag.wieers.com/