Re: [rhelv5-list] Remote monitoring of front panel LED alarms

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 at 12:33pm, Tim wrote

iLO is installed and running. The ssh connection will require a lengthy
"Mother may I?" application from our enterprise network trolls. Thanks
for the lead.

You don't need ssh to do ILO related things. Check out the hp-openIPMI
stuff. You will need to install some hp kernel drivers and some other
things but you can get to the ilo (and do scripts to it!) without
traversing the network. There are various google hits, like this one:

http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2009/04/hp-ilo-remote-managment-online-configuration-part-1/

You'll need some sort of access to the iLO port from the network if you actually want to do any "lights out" type stuff, though (e.g. hard rebooting a crashed system).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin