Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL5 kickstart minimalist samples

Hello,

On 19 September 2011 21:40, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev webmd net> wrote:
> I’m in process of creating a new kickstart file, as always, I would like to
> use the minimalistic approach for RHEL5 and RHEL6.
>
> Would anyone suggest a minimal kickstart with essentials for server builds?
>
> I know how to customize kickstart, I’m looking for samples I can use as
> reference.

I don't have any particular examples to share as I no longer have
responsibility for maintaining kickstarts, but in the past whenever I
needed to do this, I simply ran up system-config-kickstart ("Kickstart
Configurator" in Red Hat parlance) and used that to create my minimal
kickstart template and then customized the result. Looks like this
still exists in RHEL6
(http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-file.html)
so you should be good to go.

--