[rhelv6-beta-list] Anybody have a torrent or fast ftp pipe for the RHEL 6 beta?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Apr 21 20:20:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 15:45 -0400, thomas at redhat.com wrote:
Link is:  http://mirrors.kernel.org/redhat/redhat/rhel/beta/6/ - not
>fully mirrored yet but in progress, looks like
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 15:48 -0400, James M. Leddy wrote:
Red Hat is aware of the problem, and they're working on improving
>service to the FTP server. In the meantime, as was mentioned elsewhere
>in the thread, mirrors.kernel.org has the 32 bit content and we're
>expecting the 64 bit content to be there very shortly

I hope everyone recognizes this is a public, any-and-all-access release,
with a great amount of interest, mirrors trying to pull alongside every-
one else, etc...  As such, this is one of those cases where one should
apply the same "efficient community share" logic as Fedora.

Find your closest mirror and wait for it to complete its sync from
upstream.  Giving the major mirrors a couple of days to sync with upstream,
so everyone can download much faster by the end of the first week, instead
of the mirrors continuing to contend with everyone else.