[rhelv6-beta-list] Approved Equipment List?

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Mon Apr 26 19:17:31 UTC 2010

Bill <== feeling a little too much like a novice

I tried to install RHEL 6 beta onto 2 machines so far and am getting nowhere
fast.

1 was a dual Piii with an adaptec scsi raid controller. Upon reboot it hung
at starting iSCSI. OK, so maybe this system is too old/complicated/etc to
run...

Now I tried on an Acer S285 cheap PC and when booting it hung with a blank
screen and the cursor flashing in the upper left corner. This was after the
white/red/dk red bar graph completed going across the bottom of the screen
and 'completed' with all white. The very next thing was the blinking cursor
that lasted for >1 day (didn't want to jump the gun too fast). I installed
with the "webserver" package on and virtualization off.

I then went searching redhat.com for the approved equipment list and had no
luck handling my curiosity to know if this PC is even supposed to be able to
run RedHat.

Can somebody lend me a link to the list of stuff that should work?

Anybody want to take a stab at the 'obvious to casual observer' installation
item that I must have overlooked as well as the best troubleshooting path
for me to take?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com